UNHCR Site and Settlement Associate Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Site and Settlement Associate“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 24th March 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Site and Settlement Associate to be based in Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Position||Site and Settlement Associate|
|Location||Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||24th March 2023|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Maintain effective coordination mechanisms and tools, including information management and site/camp monitoring with stakeholders, including government counterparts, ensuring timely and effective provision of services.
- Support Site Management colleagues and local authorities in conducting regular site level coordination meetings – if working with a Site/Camp Management Implementing Partner ensure that partners conduct Site/Camp level coordination meetings – in line with the Principles of Partnership, making sure that participation is inclusive, consultative and results-oriented.
- Establish strong working relationships with all site level internal and external stakeholders at the corresponding level, including the displaced population and host communities, in order to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
- Continuously monitor at site level the services to aid supervisor in ensuring that gaps are filled through site level coordination of response and service delivery.
- Continuously update site level Emergency Response Plans as needed.
- Contribute to regular and ad-hoc reports with concerned parties on a timely manner.
- Support the setup and continuation of site level participatory governance.
- Work with the supervisor and UNHCR information management focal points to help develop and update products such as site/camp profiles, site/camp directories, volunteer units mapping, infrastructure mapping, etc.
- Work with UNHCR Program Unit to follow up on PPAs and to provide inputs for reporting against indicators.
- Support the capacity building of relevant authorities and partner agencies in site management.
- Contribute to CCCM mechanisms established by Government, Camp/Site Management Implementing Partners or UNHCR Camp/Site Managers, while making particular emphasis on meaningful inclusion of the site community groups (women, youth, elderly and persons with specific needs) in decision-making processes; including through governance structures and sectorial focal points identification.
- Establish and/or maintain cohesion and uniformity in the setting up of communication channels, feedback mechanisms.
- In collaboration with partners, implement the delivery of initiatives and specific strategies to improve inter and intra-camp coordination, as well as reduce identified risks.
- Assess inter-camp level needs and identify problems/gaps and report to the supervisor to support timely practical actions to respond to particular problems.
- Assist in adapting relevant policies, guidelines and technical standards to the context of the crisis;
- Ensure that stakeholders are aware of relevant policy guidelines and technical standards and that responses are in line with them and those of the relevant government, human rights and legal obligations.
- Work with national/local authorities, including liaising with relevant government counterparts and ideally, working with them to support or complement existing coordination mechanisms.
- Review impact and progress against implementation plans;
Position in Organization:
- Site and Settlement Associate
- Shire, Ethiopia
- Full time
- Posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2313482
- Deadline: 24th March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma With Three Years Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Site and Settlement Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Site-and-Settlement-Associate_JR2313482-1?q=Ethiopia
The Closing Date: 24th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.