UNHCR Supply Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Supply Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 18th May 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Supply Officer to be based in Jijiga, Ethiopia.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Analyse the existing infrastructure and ensure that it is optimally aligned with the operational needs.
- Support all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, asset and fleet management in the operation.
- Support the procurement process to ensure timely, cost-effective and adequate delivery of commodities and services to support operational needs.
- Contribute to the development of relevant contacts and build constructive relations with government authorities, implementing partners, UN agencies and others, to foster mutual cooperation for the timely delivery of relief items avoiding bottlenecks.
- Adapt standard supply chain structures to the local environment that are consistent with the operational needs.
- Guide the office should they need additional office space or extensions to their office leases, lease hold improvements or other construction. Carry out the procurement aspect of the establishment of office leases or extensions.
- Assist in the coordination with CBI stakeholders the design and implementation of the market assessment and market monitoring to determine if CBI is option. Carry out the procurement action to contract Financial Service Providers (FSP).
- Establish and maintain an efficient and skilled workforce that is capable of supporting on-going operations.
- Support the Identification of partners for supply chain projects based on objectives, priorities, strengths and resources of the Partner and/or contractor, according to criteria consistent with UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Participate in Identifying, assessing and selecting vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, increases efficiency safeguards the investment of the organisation.
- Analyse the quality of commodities and services delivered in relation to the needs of the location and established quality standards.
- Support the coordination activities of Partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
Position in Organization:
- Supply Officer
- Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2318669
- Deadline: 18th May 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 4 Years relevant Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Supply Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Jijiga-Ethiopia/Supply-Officer_JR2318669
The Closing Date: 18th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.