UNICEF Adolescent Development Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Adolescent Development Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 20 March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Adolescent Development Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Deputy Representative, the Specialist provides support to country office colleagues and internal and external partners and stakeholders throughout the programming processes by providing technical, administrative and operational support to ensure that adolescent development and participation and child rights established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, international treaties/framework and UN intergovernmental bodies, are integrated in UNICEF’s advocacy, policies, programmes and humanitarian work
Support to programmes development and planning:
- Update the situation analysis by conducting assessments to establish evidence-based data for UNICEF advocacy and development of policies, framework and programmes to promote adolescent development and participation in the country and for monitoring results on related programmes/projects
- Assess national/regional/international development priorities to identify opportunities and courses of action to enhance the delivery of services and achieve objectives on adolescent development and participation in the country
- Participate throughout the process of CO programme formulation, planning and preparation to provide input, advice and operational support on the integration of policies and frameworks that promote adolescent development and participation and to ensure that crosscutting issues such as gender, disabilities, the rights of minority and marginalized groups are considered and integrated within the country programmes and projects
- Establish specific goals, objectives, strategies and implementation plans for the adolescent development programmes/projects using results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare relevant documentations for programme review and approval
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss methodologies and to assess national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: anthropology, psychology, sociology, education or another relevant technical field
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in social development planning and management in adolescent development related areas is required. Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language (asset).
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Adolescent Development Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.