UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria looking for “Child Protection Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 13 March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Child Protection Specialist to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
The Child Protection Specialist reports to the Chief of field Office for general supervision and operational guidance and to the Chief of Child Protection and the Child Protection Specialist (Harmful Practices) for technical implementation of the programme. The CP Specialist is responsible for the management, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of the child protection programme within the country programme with a particular focus on the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on the elimination of FGM.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support child protection system programme planning and implementation.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results on harmful practices.
- Networking and partnership building on harmful practices, including with traditional/religious leaders and women and youth-led groups, to scale-up the Movement For Good to end FGM in Nigeria.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields: international development, gender, social norms, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field as it relates to harmful practices and gender issues.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and gender related areas is required.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience with demonstrated track record of having undertaken and led evidence-based programming on child protection, gender, social norms or harmful practices, with a cross-sectoral and adolescent girl focus.
- Experience working on community engagement programmes is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection and gender related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in research and analysis, and especially monitoring and evaluation on gender, adolescents, and harmful practices.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset
- Job no: 559765
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Level: NO-3
- Categories: Child Protection
How to Apply UNICEF Child Protection Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.