UNICEF Construction Engineer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria looking for “Construction Engineer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 24 March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Construction Engineer to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
The main responsibilities of the Construction Engineer will include but not limited to the following:
- Participates to the UNICEF construction projects from their planning to their full implementation and coordinate all necessary meetings with requesting sections including provision of guidance, technical input etc. in regard to their needs.
- Develops all required monitoring and supervision tools and conduct monitoring activities.
- Responsible for the completeness and quality of the works performed by contractors and engineering consultancy companies’ in compliance with technical specifications and UNICEF quality standards.
- Participates in the performance evaluation of construction service providers, contractors and implementing partners as well as government counterparts.
- Prepares and develops all necessary technical documents required for bidding and solicitations including production of 3D design, drawings and plans, technical specifications, bill of quantities (BoQ) etc.
- Conducts basic site and soil investigations and surveys and underline topographical features as may be required.
- Assists in all tender exercises for the procurement of construction and consultancy services and participate in site visits and assessments.
- University degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience at national level in the relevant field of civil engineering, especially in preparation of construction technical documentation.
- Experience of working in complex environments and large infrastructure and/or civil works, particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision.
- Working experience in the area of preparation, implementation and monitoring of technical/ (re)construction projects; methodological and calculation skills.
- Experience in technical design of high-rise structure is an asset.
- Knowledge of the UN rules, procedures and regulations would be an asset.
- Working experience in UN or other international development organization would be an asset.
- Background/familiarity with an emergency would be an asset.
- Familiarity with north-east Nigeria is a strong asset.
- Knowledge and experience in the usage of construction related software.
- Good computer skills including word processing, power-point and spreadsheet.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Construction Engineer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.