UNICEF Deputy Representative Operations Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNICEF Zimbabwe looking for “Deputy Representative Operations“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 22, 2023.
UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on March 06, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Representative Operations to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
Strategic Operations will accomplish this by:
- Leading by example and supporting the Head of Office on managing the office;
- Acting as Officer in Charge in the absence of the Head of Office;
- Managing services in the functional areas of operations support: budget, financial management and reporting, facilities management, administration, supply and logistics management, information and communications technology, human resources, and safety and security and convening the other functions to arrive at a unified vision;
- Ensuring processes are in place to identify, promote and empower the potential in staff through career development, opportunities for stretch assignments and succession planning;
- Acting as member of the Country and Senior Management Teams, representing the organizational risk, governance systems and policies perspective in management discussions, and promoting results based management.
- Understanding business needs for the Country Programme, to anticipate challenges, propose viable solutions, provide creative and innovative ideas aimed at a solution- focused approach to include value for money strategies, all underpinned by quality assurance measures;
- Providing key contribution to CPD, CPMP, AMP and support to Results Based Management and implementation using Value for Money criteria;
Position in Organization:
- Job no: 559984
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Duty Station: Harare
- Level: P-5
- Location: Zimbabwe
- Categories: Executive Management
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s and above) in one of the following areas is required: Business management; Financial management; Accounting; Public Finance; and related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, etc.) or a full professional accounting designation (CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CPFA, Expert Compatible) from an internationally recognized institute/body of accountancy with valid membership in good standing is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, at the national and international level, is required, specifically in advocating and implementing strategic organizational initiatives in one or more operations management area including budget; financial management and reporting; facilities management; administration; supply and logistics management; information and communication technology; human resources.
- Prior experience in the development sector or UN system/ international NGOs would be an asset.
- For country offices with a significant private sector fundraising operation, prior experience working with or in the private sector, and supporting private sector fundraising, is desirable.
- Additional experience in one or more of the following areas, would be desired: Audit and investigations, Safety and security, Grant Management & Enterprise Risk Management.
- Experience in a UN system agency, large private or public company, or experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian/ emergency context is an asset.
- Experience in working with corporate ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning) and IPSAS (International Public Sector Accounting Standards) is highly desirable.
- Experience in Results Based Management is a requirement.
- Experience in managing successful client-oriented work units is an asset.
- Experience in co-creating policy is desirable.
- Prior experience working with diverse stakeholder groups or multi-stakeholder partnership is highly desirable.
- Previous hands on experience in strategic and managerial leadership is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply UNICEF Deputy Representative Operations Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/559984
The Closing Date: 15th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.