UNICEF Finance Specialist Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNICEF South Sudan looking for “Finance Specialist“. Applicants with a Advance university degree may apply on or before 22nd March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Finance Specialist to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
Organizational Context and Purpose for the job: The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
- Advance university degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent or any other comparable recognized professional qualification.
- A valid professional certification (CA; CPA; etc.) from an internationally recognized, accredited chartered accountancy institution is required; or an advanced diploma qualification in CIPFA or its equivalent with other internationally recognized institutions along with an Advanced university degree.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in financial management or audits in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Experience in database packages, web-based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial modules) is considered as an asset.
- Experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Job No: 560245
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Finance Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/560245
The Closing Date: 22nd March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.