TechnoServe Business Counsellor Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. TechnoServe Uganda looking for “Business Counsellor“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 10, 2023.
TechnoServe was founded by Ed Bullard in 1968 to help hardworking people in the developing world lift themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty. Ed was captivated by the spirit and character of the Ghanaian people. But he was appalled by the depth of poverty that surrounded him. A businessman, Ed understood that the contrast between this poverty and his own prosperity came not from any innate difference between himself and a poor Ghanaian farmer.
The TechnoServe has published a job vacancy announcement on May 01, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Business Counsellor to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||May 10, 2023|
TechnoServe Job Vacancy 2023
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Continuous mapping, selection, profiling and recruitment of FFV market Vendors, micro-retailers and market serving SMEs in targeted markets within their geographical locations
- Use TechnoServe’s tested assessment tools to benchmark Clients’ (Vendors, micro-retailers and Market serving SMEs) capacity and help identify areas for improvement.
- Use the result of the bench mark to tailor support to individual Client (Vendors, micro-retailers and Market serving SMEs) based on identified gaps
- Work with business advisor and Partnership manager to link Clients (market vendors, micro-retailers and SMEs) to business development service (BDS) providers to build capacity in core areas such governance, member services, and inclusive leadership of women and youth.
- Deliver direct training and coaching to Market Vendors and micro retailers in micro-retailing and vendor modules such as Shop/Stall Management, customer relationsFinancial Management, Supply Chain Management etc; and other modules related to food quality, standards, safety and nutrition, and offer business advisory to selected farmer groups.
- Support Partners in delivering training to Market Vendors and micro retailers in micro-retailing and vendor modules such as Shop/stall Management, Customer relations, Financial Management and Supply Chain Management, and other modules related to food quality, standards, safety and nutrition.
- Facilitate backward linkage among the core value chain actors, from Market end to Production and supply
- Collect baseline figures and measure impact in order to monitor progress (M&E)
- Planning of activities to ensure that the objectives of the program are met within the set times and resources and that impact is maximized
- Periodic reporting of the situation on the ground to provide both data and anecdotal evidence of impact
- With support of HortiMAP Business Advisor, and HortiMAP Partnership Manager, identify Business Development Service providers such as Micro-Finance Institutions and link them with the clients- Vendors and micro-retailers
- Building strong partnerships and professional working relations with key stakeholders in the districts of operation, such as District Local government, lower local government, Market leaderships and other projects in the area, etc.
Position in Organization:
- Title: Business Counsellor
- Program: HortiMAP (DUTCH004N-ADMIN)
- Reports to: HortiMAP Business Advisor
- Location: Kisoro
- Grade: 3
- A diploma in Business related discipline such as Business studies, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness.
- A degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ field experience with, Entrepreneurship development, Vendors and micro-retailor business support and engagement, youth and women entrepreneurship support.
- Knowledge of the Fresh Fruits and Vegetable (FFV) sector, products and markets
- Strong private sector experience, facilitation skills and Participatory Approaches and client relationship building
- Relevant skills of Monitoring and Evaluation tools and practices including use of online digital platform for delivering trainings, data capturing and reporting
- Good computer skills (Excel and MS word)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the local language(s) or one of the local languages spoken in the district.
- Ability to ride a Motorcycle with valid riding permit is requirement.
How to Apply TechnoServe Business Counsellor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/TEC1006TESER/JobBoard/18180d88-ced0-4361-bd09-d5eef66dab24/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=8afc7ffc-de2a-4b51-84df-59afb5d3844c
The Closing Date: May 10, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- TechnoServe Business Advisor Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Assistant GBV Officer Jobs 2023
- Bridges to Prosperity Surveyor Jobs 2023
- Bridges to Prosperity Senior Design Engineer Jobs 2023
- Self Help Africa Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- Self Help Africa Agribusiness Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Self Help Africa Driver Jobs 2023
- IGCP Lead Procurement Jobs 2023
- IGCP Medical Procurement Officer Jobs 2023