UNICEF Media Relations Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Media Relations Consultant”. Applicants with a Bachelors degree may apply on or before 22 April 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Media Relations Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
Scope of Work: Develop and implement partnerships with key media houses – Standard and Nation Media Group – and relationships with key journalists and editors, in order to secure stories on UNICEF’s work and children’s issues in Kenya. This includes visibility for key donors, projects and campaigns, public advocacy on six priority issues for children, and the drought response.
Specific tasks include:
- Implement strategic partnerships with Standard Group and Nation Media Group to help promote priority issues for children. Negotiate a new partnership with a third media partner, based on the Communication, Advocacy and Partnerships Strategy analysis. Leverage these partnerships to provide visibility opportunities for specific donors as below.
- Support the Health and SBC sections in developing and implementing a media and content plan for the next phase of COVID-19 vaccination rollout (May to Dec 2023), including visibility for US Aid and partners. This is a time-limited project funded by US Aid, ending on 31 December 2023. Support the SBC Section to raise visibility of the HPV vaccine during the period of the campaign (May to July 2023) through media stories from affected counties.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelors degree or an advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of six years’ relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast media or interactive digital media, including experience covering children’s issues for a child rights organization such as UNICEF.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required, Kiswahili would be an added advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Media Relations Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs