UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Nutrition Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 21 March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
The Nutrition Specialist (Governance & Systems) supports the development and preparation of governance and system-strengthening components of the nutrition programme and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting the programme progress of the same within Kenya country programme.
Support to multisectoral programme development, planning and management:
- Provide strategic engagement with relevant national and county government sectors as well as stakeholders to enhance effective multisectoral programme development, coordination, planning, and management by contributing timely and effective technical advice, guidance and inputs.
- Promote the quality of rights-based nutrition programme through participation in the formulation of multisectoral programme goals, strategies and approaches bringing coherence, synergy and added value to coordination and implementation of activities on cross-cutting issues internally within UNICEF programme sectors (Health, WASH, Education and Social Policy, etc.), with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF)and amongst relevant government sectors and stakeholders for a heightened systems approach toward sustainable results for maternal and child nutrition,
- Provide overall leadership of the SUN vision of “by and through government” and operationalization of its determinant (accountability, leadership, advocacy, policy framework, coordination, financing, etc).
- Establish specific goals, objectives, strategies, and implementation plans for the nutrition sector(s)with a focus on governance and system strengthening in national and county government-based service delivery and strong referral linkages utilizing results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare the required documentation for programme review and approval.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted instead of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas is required: nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care. Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.