UNICEF Social and Behavior Change Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Social and Behavior Change Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 19 March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 09 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Social and Behavior Change Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
The Social & Behavior Change Officer, emergencies reports to the S&BC manager for supervision and guidance. The Officer provides technical and operational support to the S&BC Specialist and internal colleagues by administering, implementing, monitoring and/or evaluating a variety of S&BC initiatives and activities to promote community engagement and participation, and measureable behavioral and social change/mobilization, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to complete tasks.
Scope of Work:
- Support to strategy design and development of S&BC activities for emergency preparedness and responses
- Support to implementation of S&BC activities in humanitarian and disease outbreaks including Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) and Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP)
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, public health or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: community engagement, drought response, public health emergencies, social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Social and Behavior Change Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.