UNICEF Wash Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNICEF Zambia looking for “Wash Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 13th March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th Feb 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Wash Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
Key Activities and Duties: Under the supervision and guidance of the WASH and Health Manager, and in close coordination with the WASH and Health specialists (emergencies) the WASH and Health in Emergencies Specialist.
- Be the focal point at the assigned UNICEF Country office for UNICEF’s WASH /IPC response and preparedness plans for Ebola outbreak.
- Familiarize her/himself with the current situation and context, including the extent of the current outbreak, including all SitReps and other relevant reports produced.
- Attend and represent UNICEF at all relevant Ebola repose coordination meetings including internal UNICEF Ebola task force/coordination meetings, UNICFE Emergency Management Team meetings, National or District level Task Force, WASH sub-pillar, IPC sub-pillar, District Task Force and any other stakeholder/partner meetings as required
- Prepare WASH/IPC supply plans in line the with UNICEF Ebola Response Plan, and in coordination with the relevant government departments at national and district level and other partners and relevant stakeholders to the Ebola response.
- Plan coordinate with all relevant UNICEF Sections including Operations and Supply all necessary WASH supplies to be procured, pre-positioned and dispatched to affected districts in line with the supply plan.
- In close coordination with the Zone Office, and National and District Level Task Force, and partners plan all other WASH interventions as required by the response, including the provision of water and emergency sanitation to health care facilities, ETUs and other sites as required.
- Support in the preparation of donor proposals in support of the response, and donor updates and reporting as and when required.
- Closely coordinate with UNICEF Emergency and Field Coordination Team.
- As required, visit affected/target districts to support field coordination and monitoring of the Ebola WASH/IPC response.
- Provide any other support as determined by the WASH Manager.
Position in Organization:
- WASH Specialist
- Job no: 558377
- Contract type: Temporary Appointment, Consultant
- Level: P-4
- Location: Zambia
- Deadline: 13th March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree; Maters degree in public health, Environmental Health, Civil & Sanitary Engineering or related field.
- At least 5- 8 years of experience in the relevant areas of water, sanitation and hygiene, water quality, public health, environmental health.
- Previous experience of proving emergency WASH responses in complex environments essential
- Previous experience in Ebola preparedness/response is strongly advised.
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention Control protocols (WHO, CDC)
- Preferably experience in controlling outbreaks of EVD and/or other VHFs
- Previous experience of preparing donor proposals, and reporting
- Previous experience of working closely with, including coordinating different stakeholders and partners including government, united nations agencies, NGOs and private sector
- Previous UNICEF WASH experience an advantage .
How to Apply UNICEF Wash Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/558377
The Closing Date: 13th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.