UNISFA Air Operations Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNISFA Uganda looking for “Air Operations Assistant”.
Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before November 29, 2023.
The United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA) is a United Nations peacekeeping force in Abyei, which is contested between the Republic of Sudan and the Republic of South Sudan. UNISFA was approved on 27 June 2011 by the United Nations Security Council in United Nations Security Council Resolution 1990 after a flareup in the South Kordofan conflict earlier in June 2011.
The UNISFA has published a job vacancy announcement on November 17, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Air Operations Assistant to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
UNISFA Job Vacancy 2023
Within delegated authority, the Air Operations Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Carry out flight operations tasks including assisting with scheduling of UN flights, arranging airspace and landing clearances, and ordering Ground Handling services.
- Assist aircrew in their dispatch at the airport; coordinate with the Ground Handling Agent to facilitate all aircrew requirements.
- Coordinate with the Ground Handling Agents for all issues related to operations with mission aircraft, including but not limited to the following: cleaning services, ground handling equipment, refuelling, transportation and verification of service orders.
- Check the weather forecast and NOTAMs and share them with Pilots and Mission Air Operations Center (MAOC).
- Use radios and flight tracking systems to monitor the position and movements of UN aircraft.
- Maintain accurate records of activities, related to flight following, aircraft dispatch and technical compliance.
- Enter reports into the radio log, and complete radio logs by UNISFA Aviation SOPs.
- Complete the Operations Risk Management Checklist.
- Coordinate with local authorities (Civil Aviation Authority, Airport Authority and Air Force Base Authority), as required in support of Mission air operations, including but limited to airport passes, authorizations, escorting staff in and out of the airport, requests for maintenance hangar space and support equipment required by carriers for maintenance, etc.
- Collect and analyze AURs (Aircraft Use Report) and prepare FHR (Flight Hour Reports) for each flight and for all types of aircraft daily.
Position in Organization:
- Job Opening ID: 221895
- Job Network: Logistics, Transportation and Supply Chain
- Job Family: Transports
- Category and Level: Catégorie des services généraux et catégories apparentées, G-5
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Department/Office: United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei
- Date Posted: Nov 16, 2023
- Deadline: Nov 29, 2023
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in air transport operations is required. The minimum years, of relevant experience is reduced to three (3) years for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English, both oral and written, is required.
How to Apply UNISFA Air Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/221895?language=en
The Closing Date: November 29, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.