United Nations Secretariat AAP Consultant Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat South Sudan looking for “AAP Consultant“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 30th March 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of AAP Consultant to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office in South Sudan supports the DSRSG/RC/HC in her efforts to improve the impact, efficiency and effectiveness of the UN’s joint operational activities for development in South Sudan, and to strategically position the UNCT in support of national development priorities. It provides inter-agency coordination support to the UNCT and its various sub-teams (Programme Management Team – PMT, Operations Management Team – OMT, UN Communications Group – UNCG and the PSEA task force). The support includes strategic planning, programme and operations management, policy guidance, data management and results reporting as well as knowledge management, advocacy and communications, all seeking to enhance UN coherence and improve overall programme impact to better achieve development results.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in law, social sciences, journalism, or a related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, peacebuilding or other related area, of which three years of experience in accountability to affected people at the field level, is required.
- Two years of experience of working in coordination in UN and inter-agency settings is desirable.
- Experience liaising with governments, clusters and donors at field and global level is desirable.
- Experience in using technological tools related to community engagement is desirable.
- Experience working in South Sudan is required.
- Job Identification: 6695
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat AAP Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=203580
The Closing Date: 30th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.