United Nations Secretariat Driver Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs.
United Nations Secretariat South Africa looking for “Driver”.
Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before 21st November 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 07th November 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
Within limits of delegated authority, the Driver/ Protocol Liaison will be responsible for the following duties:
- Drives vehicles safely for the transport of the Resident Coordinator, Senior Officials and other authorized personnel and for the transport of general cargo goods and or.
- Makes deliveries of parcels, documents, etc., between the office and other offices and institutions, e.g. Ministries, Embassies, Permanent Missions, etc.
- Makes minor purchases and collect urgent purchases from local suppliers as requested.
- Collect goods from customs with due regard to customs regulations and formalities. May make or collect payment for goods.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities, to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
- Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Efficiently plan and coordinate vehicle maintenance to ensure vehicles are fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, assigned equipment on board is in a good condition to support safe and efficient services.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency. Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of accident.
- Provide protocol support to the RC and RCO
- Act as liaison between UN and host country to facilitate and ensure the proper registration of the diplomatic and non-diplomatic staff of their offices, including processing requests for diplomatic privileges and immunities and assists with settling other matters (administrative, legal, visas etc) related therewith.
- Protocol Support for incoming high-level UN missions
- Assist in facilitating the use of Protocol Lounges for identified dignitaries across the country
- Assist with protocol arrangements for meetings with government and diplomatic Corps
- Applies good judgment in the context of assignments given.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required
Job – Specific Qualification:
- Valid National Driver License is required.
- A defensive driving certification is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressive responsible experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorized vehicles is required.
- Experience in driving and supporting Senior Officials and working with the United Nations or comparable organization is desirable.
- Training in basic and advance security protocols is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- NOTE: “Fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ” Knowledge of” equals a rating of’ confident” in two of the four areas.
- Job Opening ID: 221252
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Driver Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/221252?language=en
The Closing Date: 21st November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.