United Nations Secretariat National Information Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat South Africa looking for “National Information Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 11th June 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th May 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of National Information Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the United Nations Information Centre in Pretoria (UNIC Pretoria), within the Information Centres Service (ICS) of the Campaigns and Country Operations Division (CCOD) of the Department of Global Communications (DGC).
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in communications, journalism, public information or a related field is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience, including experience in managing contacts and networking with the media, non-governmental organizations,
- government officials, international and national organizations, business groups, civil society, etc. in South Africa is required.
- Experience in strategic communications, crisis communications and/or developing and implementing multimedia communications campaigns is required.
- Experience working in/or with traditional and digital media is required.
- Experience in public speaking to diverse audiences (e.g. general public, Government officials, special interest groups) is desirable.
- Experience in journalism is desirable.
- Experience working with the United Nations or a comparable international organization is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other official United Nations languages is desirable.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Public Information-DGC-209074-R-Pretoria (N)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat National Information Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=209074
The Closing Date: 11th June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNHCR Senior Supply Associate Jobs 2023
- WHO Epidemiologist and Disease Modelling Specialist Jobs 2023
- United Nations Secretariat Associate Public Information Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Foundation Phase Initiative Consultant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Early Learning and Development Consultant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Consultant Graphic Designer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF HIV/AIDS Officer Jobs 2023