United Nations Secretariat Senior Development Coordination Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat South Africa looking for “Senior Development Coordination Officer“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 19th March 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 05th March 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Development Coordination Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: The position is located in the United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) in Pretoria, South Africa and reports to the UN Resident Coordinator (RC). The Head of the RCO manages the resources of the Office in order to provide support to the Resident Coordinator and the UNCT on sustainable development analysis, environmental scanning, strategic planning, programming, financing, communications, advocacy and partnerships. The Head of RCO serves as a key adviser to the RC in the pursuit of all their functions and is accountable for the overall quality and timeliness of the work of the office.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, sustainable development, social sciences, international relations, economics, education or related area, is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in strategic planning, sustainable development policy, and programme development and management in the context of development cooperation or related area, is required.
- Experience with multi-stakeholder and institutional coordination in the context of development cooperation or related area, is required.
- Experience in team leadership and management is required.
- Experience in UN interagency engagement and coordination is desirable.
- Experience in designing and implementing partnership, advocacy, and resource mobilization strategies. is desirable.
- Experience in promoting knowledge management and capacity building in the context of development cooperation is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Sustainable Development-RCS-203629-R-Pretoria (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Senior Development Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=203629
The Closing Date: 19th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.