IUCN Project Administrator Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. IUCN South Africa looking for “Project Administrator“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 11th May 2023.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature is an international organization working in the field of nature conservation and sustainable use of natural resources. It is involved in data gathering and analysis, research, field projects, advocacy, and education. IUCN’s mission is to “influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable”.
The IUCN has published a job vacancy announcement on 28th April 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Administrator to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Assists in the coordination of programme/project planning and preparation work for, typically, a medium-size and complex component of the departmental programme/project initiatives; monitors status of programme/project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval.
- Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific programmes/project and related topics or issues.
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) functions
- Oversight of ESMF.
- Reviews project documents, especially cost plans/budgets, for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures prior to submission for final approval and signature; identifies inconsistencies; distributes project documents to relevant parties upon approval.
- Reviews budget revisions; verifies availability of funds; ensures necessary approval and entry in computerized budget system.
- Serves as focal point for administrative coordination of programme/project implementation activities, secretariat to all project / steering committee meeting involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational units to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Compiles, summarizes and enters data on project delivery; drafts related status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery, budget overruns, etc., and brings to the attention of management.
- Drafts correspondence on budget-related issues and prepares and updates periodic reports, briefing notes, graphic and statistical summaries, accounting spreadsheets, etc.
- Provides general office assistance; responds to complex information requests and inquiries; reviews, logs and routes incoming correspondence; sets up and maintains files/records; organizes meetings, workshops; handles routine administrative tasks, such as maintaining attendance records, assessing telephone billing, etc.
- Provides guidance/training to new/junior staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A degree related to Agriculture or Environmental Management/Science or project management.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in programme or project administration, technical cooperation or related area is required.
- Working experience in coordination and assisting execution of various project components related to the GEF and SLM is desirable.
- Experience working in international organization is added advantage.
- Experience in project administration including sound knowledge of financial, procurement, administrative practices and project reporting.
- Project management skills with a strong ability to support the monitoring of Programme/project budgets.
- Proficiency in using advanced computer applications.
- Willingness to travel long hours and working after hours voluntarily.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in local languages is an added advantage.
- Vacancy #: 6408
- Unit: ESARO South Africa Programme
- Grade: A3
- Type of contract: Fixed-term (36 months)
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IUCN Project Administrator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hrms.iucn.org/iresy/index.cfm………
The Closing Date: 11th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.