UNMISS Head of Office-Political Affairs Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Head of Office-Political Affairs“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 22nd March 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Head of Office-Political Affairs to be based in Malakal, South Sudan.
Within delegation of authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- In consultation with substantive components at Mission HQ, lead, direct and coordinate the personnel, operations, and programs of all Mission components in the Field Office Area of Responsibility, in line with the mandate and strategic guidance and priorities provided by the Head of Mission.
- Lead extremely complex, challenging and highly sensitive political engagements and advocacy including on issues relating to the security operating environment involving multiple competing internal groupings, outliers, and regional actors.
- Assess, analyze, and make appropriate recommendations to Mission leadership on critical security and complex political issues affecting the area of operations from both the national and sub-national perspective, proposing interventions, and devising complex strategies for delivery of mandated objectives while faced with a constantly changing operating environment.
- Provides good office on behalf of the SRSG, as appropriate.
- Ensures the operational functioning of the field office by promoting collaboration among all components of the Mission (Substantive, Military, Police and Mission Support);
- Leads, supervises, and carries out the work programme of the office under his/her responsibility. Co-ordinates the work carried out by different work units under the office and by other agencies and bodies of the United Nations system in order to ensure coherence; provides programmatic/substantive reviews of the drafts prepared by others.
- Through delegated authority, act as Area Security Coordinator, responsible for implementing the UN security management framework, designed to ensure the protection of all UN staff and assets.
- Co-ordinates and oversees the preparation of summary and analytical reports including situation reports, briefing notes, notes to file and draft code cables.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international, political affairs law, social sciences or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two qualifying years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience on political and peace and security matters at the international levels, including recent extensive operational and political advocacy experience in similar highly complex multi-dimensional environments is required.
- Proven policy and management experience in conflict and post-conflict countries in the field, including diplomatic and management is required.
- Experience of coordinating inter-agency processes within the UN system, or other large international organization, as well as experience working with the mandates of peace and security, human rights, protection of civilians, humanitarian and development entities is required.
- Experience working with the administrative rules and regulations of the UN Secretariat, or other large international organization, is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Political Affairs-UNMISS-203903-F- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Head of Office-Political Affairs Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=203903
The Closing Date: 22nd March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.