UNMISS Logistics Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Logistics Officer“. Applicants with a High School Diploma may apply on or before 23rd March 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 09th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Logistics Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the Mission Support Centre (MSC) of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), Juba. Juba is classified in the “E” category and as a non-family duty station. The incumbent serves as the focal point for the coordination of logistics requirements and technical support for an effective management of ammunition framework at the Mission level. The incumbent is required to advise the senior mission leadership on the technical and logistical support related to ammunition and explosives as per COE Manual 2020, UN Policy on Weapons and Ammunition Management and the UN Manual on Ammunition Management, (First Edition, 2020) Responsibilities.
- High School Diploma is required.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in planning, coordinating and managing logistics operations in military, commercial or international organization or related field is required. The minimum years are reduced to 7 years for candidates who possess a first level university degree.
- Proven experience as a military or police officer in management of ammunition (involving its storage, safety & inspections) is required.
- Proven experience in drafting policy and preparing strategic briefs for senior management is desirable.
- Proven experience in leading integrated military & civilian teams in managing complex logistic programs projects is desirable.
- Experience in conducting information and data analysis and reporting on complex operational and cross-cutting matters involving several Departments/Sections is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Logistics and Supply Chain-UNMISS-203856-F- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Logistics Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=203856
The Closing Date: 23rd March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.