UNMISS Special Assistant Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Special Assistant“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 12th May 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th April 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Special Assistant to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) Juba, in the Office of the Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General/Political (DSRSG/P). Juba is classified in the “E” category and as a non-family duty station. The Special Assistant/Political Affairs will report to the Senior Advisor and Head of Office of the DSRSG/P.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, international relations, social science, economics, law, public administration, or a related field. A first university degree with a combination of two years of professional and academic qualifications may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree or equivalent. Professional training in the areas of political economy analysis, planning, mediation, facilitation, and/or coordination is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in political affairs, diplomacy, conflict resolution, international relations, political economy analysis, law, or related fields is required.
- Experience in political outreach, facilitation, analysis, advice, and reporting is required.
- Experience in providing analytical advice on political developments and mandate implementation is required.
- At least one year of experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions, and UN agencies, funds, and programmes) or similar international organization or nongovernmental organization in a conflict or post-conflict setting is required.
- Previous experience working in the office of a senior public official and/or as a Special Assistant (or similar) to a senior official is required.
- Experience working in international organizations or non-governmental organizations in a conflict or post-conflict setting in Africa is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Political Affairs-UNMISS-206310-R- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Special Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=206310
The Closing Date: 12th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNMISS Contingent Owned Equipment Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO Communications Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Project Analyst Jobs 2023
- UNDP Human Resources Analyst Jobs 2023
- IFDC County Manager Jobs 2023
- UNOCHA Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
- UNOCHA Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Maternal and Child Health Coordinator Jobs 2023