UNMISS Team Assistant Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Team Assistant“. Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before 05th April 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 07th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Team Assistant to be based in Bor, South Sudan.
Within delegated authority, the Team Assistant G-4 shall perform the following duties:
- Provide general office support and administrative functions, including logistics support (travel arrangements, etc. for field trips and other front office logistics);
- Use standard software document processing packages to produce a variety of large, complex documents and reports;
- Respond to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g answers requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling;
- Provide secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software;
- Review records, distribute and/or process mail and other documents; follow up on impending actions;
- Maintain a proper electronic and paper filing system;
- Operate and maintain a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, etc.
- Update contact lists and databases for the office;
- Draft routine correspondence and e-mails, and institute follow up action;
- Prepare and monitor the section’s leave plans to ensure continuous workflow while other staff members are on leave, especially during holidays periods;
- Consolidate monthly requests for office supplies for the office;
- Make photocopies as and when required;
- Undertake other duties as assigned and be willing to work beyond normal working hours;
- Backstop the Administrative Assistant;
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of three (03) years of practical experience, with an organization or company, experience in general office support or related area is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position (s) advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other local language is desirable.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Administration-UNMISS-203795-R- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Team Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=203795
The Closing Date: 05th April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.