UNMISS Transport Assistant Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Transport Assistant“. Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before 13th September 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 30th August 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Transport Assistant to be based in Wau, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the Transport Section of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) in Wau, which is classified as “E” category and a non-family duty station. The Transport Assistant will report administratively to the Field Administrative Officer and technically to the Chief Transport Officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Technical or vocational certificate in mechanical engineering, transportation, logistics or other related fields is desirable. Please attach copy of the certificate in the attachment section.
Job – Specific Qualification:
- A valid National Driving License with “B” “C” “D” and “E” category is required. Must attach copy of the National Driving license in the attachment section.
- Drivers Testing Officer Certification (DTOC) is desirable. Please attach copy of the Drivers Testing Officer Certification (DTOC) in the attachment section.
- Relevant training in Transport management is desirable. Please attach copy of the of the certificate in the attachment section.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive responsible experience in motor vehicle transport operations covering fleet operations, maintenance and management at the United Nations or a similar International Organization is required.
- Experience in international operations in a post conflict environment is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Job Identification: 6695
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Transport Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=217243
The Closing Date: 13th September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNMISS Environmental Engineer Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Outreach Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Facilities Management Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Civil Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
- WHO Pharmacist/ Medical Logistician Jobs 2023
- FAO Social Risk Specialist Jobs 2023
- OHCHR Human Rights Officer/ Reporting Officer Jobs 2023