UNOCHA Information Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNOCHA Kenya looking for “Information Management Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 13 October 2023.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs is a United Nations body established in December 1991 by the General Assembly to strengthen the international response to complex emergencies and natural disasters.
The UNOCHA has published a job vacancy announcement on 19 September 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Information Management Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNOCHA Job Vacancy 2023
Within delegated authority, the Information Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assessment Analysis: Support assessment and needs analysis activities, including humanitarian needs overviews, secondary data reviews, preliminary scenario definitions and multi-cluster initial rapid assessments; provide advice on assessment design to ensure data quality; manage platforms and tools that support data collection and analysis such as KoBo Toolbox and Open Data Kit (ODK).
- Geographic Information System (GIS) & Mapping: Develop and maintain spatial baseline and operational datasets in accordance with relevant standards and guidance; produce and update high-quality map products and online services; maintain a repository of spatial data and ensure that the data are documented and accessible to all humanitarian partners through local and/or online services.
- Visualization: Produce and update information products such as reports, charts and infographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and a storyline; develop advocacy materials including posters, presentations and other visual materials.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in archival, information science, information systems, social science or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in information management, information systems, web management, data management, geographic information systems & mapping, data visualization, or other related area is required.
- Experience managing information in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is desirable.
- Experience in Humanitarian Project Cycle (HPC) and related data analysis as well as development of MultiSectoral Needs Assessments (MSNA) is desirable.
French and English are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOCHA Information Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.