UNOCHA Public Information Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNOCHA Nigeria looking for “Public Information Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 30 May 2023.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs is a United Nations body established in December 1991 by the General Assembly to strengthen the international response to complex emergencies and natural disasters.
The UNOCHA has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 May 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Public Information Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNOCHA Job Vacancy 2023
Within delegated authority, the Public Information Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensures implementation of communication and public information programmes to publicize priority issues and/or major events, to include drafting information strategies, coordinating efforts, monitoring and reporting on progress, taking appropriate follow-up action, and analyzing the outcome.
- Monitors and analyzes current events, public opinion and press, identifies issues and trends, and advises management on appropriate action/responses.
- Prepares, on the basis of official UN documentation and other sources, initial drafts of articles or chapters for inclusion in UN newsletters, periodicals, reports and books.
- Supports the coordination of inter-agency communications efforts through secretariat support to the Humanitarian Communications Working Group.
- Initiates and sustains professional relationships with key constituencies.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration, or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field is required.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is desirable.
- Experience with crisis communications is desirable.
French and English are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOCHA Public Information Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.