UNOIOS Evaluation Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNOIOS Uganda looking for “Evaluation Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced university degree may apply on or before July 15, 2023.
The United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services is an independent office in the United Nations Secretariat whose mandate is to “assist the Secretary-General in fulfilling his internal oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization.
The UNOIOS has published a job vacancy announcement on June 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Evaluation Officer to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
UNOIOS Job Vacancy 2023
Within delegated authority, the Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Scopes, plans, designs and leads inspection or evaluation assignments of the United Nations Secretariat’s funds and programmes activities and carries out all the tasks involved in the assignments, which may include provision of guidance to external consultants and other evaluation staff.
- Reviews relevant documents and reports.
- Develops data collection instruments for all data-collection modalities used in evaluation (e.g., surveys, interview and focus group guides, desk review tools, direct observation forms);
- Articulates a data-analysis plan for the evaluation and for individual data-collection modalities.
- Conducts data collection and analysis.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions and recommendations.
- Researches and analyzes information gathered from diverse data sources and formulate convincing and well-substantiated conclusions and recommendations.
- Liaises with relevant parties throughout the inspection or evaluation process.
- Drafts various documents, including draft and final reports, as well as background papers, analysis, guidelines, conference room papers and other documents as needed.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Exercises overall quality assurance over individual team member’s contributions to the evaluation by, e.g., overseeing adherence to United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) norms and standards and use of OIOS-IED’s Inspection and Evaluation Manual and quality assurance forms, and reviewing their work before wider sharing beyond the evaluation team
- Advises on policy development based on evaluation findings concerning programme relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and impact of the activities of the funds and programmes of the United Nations system.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and partners in the Secretariat, funds and programmes in context of the evaluation.
- Performs other duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Evaluation Officer, P4
- Job Code Title: MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAMME ANALYST
- Department/Office: Office of Internal Oversight Services
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 01 June 2023 – 15 July 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Management and Analysis-OIOS-206664-R-Entebbe (R)
- Staffing Exercise N/A
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, social sciences, public administration, programme evaluation, international affairs, development or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of projects/programmes is required.
- Experience in conducting evaluations covering a regional and global scope is required.
- Experience in leading and managing inspection and evaluation teams of other evaluation staff and consultants is required.
- Experience in preparing, managing, and conducting impact or outcome evaluations is desirable.
- Experience in evaluation in an international organization is desirable.
- Two years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official language of the United Nations is desirable.
How to Apply UNOIOS Evaluation Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=206664
The Closing Date: July 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.