UNON INTERN – Archivist and Documentalist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “INTERN – Archivist and Documentalist”. Applicants with a Completion of High School diploma may apply on or before 02 October 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
UNON INTERN – Archivist and Documentalist Jobs 2023
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 19 September 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of INTERN – Archivist and Documentalist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the cluster team lead the intern will assist with data analysis, reporting and record keeping documentation for Talent Acquisition Unit (TAU):
- Arrange and digitize signed contracts received from consultants and individual contractors.
- Gather data from various sources, including databases, spreadsheets, and external data sets, ensuring its accuracy and completeness.
- Clean and transform raw data to make it suitable for analysis.
- Perform statistical analysis and data mining to identify trends, patterns, and insights within the data.
- Create clear and informative data visualizations, such as charts, graphs, and dashboards, to communicate findings effectively.
- Support in developing workflows and procedures related to consultants or any other TAU archiving documentation and record keeping.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Academic qualification in undergraduate studies in Information Sciences and Human Resources is required.
- Experience in computer literacy in standard software applications is desirable.
- Experience in working with MS Excel creating pivot tables and charts using worksheet data and external resources is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON INTERN – Archivist and Documentalist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.