UNON Project Engineer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “Project Engineer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 11 April 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Engineer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
- Reviews and approves weekly and monthly project reports from project design consultants and contractors.
- Recommends solutions to unusual engineering problems.
- Conducts technical studies on engineering topics, developing guidelines for the general planning and maintenance of programs and facilities.
- Provides technical inputs regarding engineering design issues affecting proposed structures, taking into account such factors as estimated load, water pressure, wind resistance, soil characteristics, temperature fluctuations and nature of building materials to be used.
- Keeps abreast, through relevant engineering literature, of significant trends and the development of improved methods and equipment.
- Leads efforts of team studying critical problems relating to design or construction of systems and facilities. Makes recommendations for resolution of problems in specialized areas.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Building Engineering, architecture or other related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in engineering or related area related to large-scale construction or renovation projects is required.
- Experience in working with executive governance boards, public sector and/or external
- audiences is desirable.
- Experience in working on projects related to conference services, assembly facilities, convention centres or similar facilities is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Project Engineer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 11 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.