UNON Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “Senior Administrative Assistant”. Applicants with a Completion of high school diploma may apply on or before 07 April 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Administrative Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
- Coordinates various actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures. Liaises with central administration/executive services as required.
- Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements.
- Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
- Provides information and advice to staff/consultants with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Monitors staffing tables for a variety of human resource activities, e.g., appointments, retirement, expiration of appointments, reassignments, transfer and movement of staff.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Supplementary courses or additional training in administration, project management or other related field is desirable.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive relevant work experience in the field of administration (i.e. Finance, human resources, procurement, general administration, programme or project administration) is required.
- Working experience in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System/Systems Applications and Products(SAP) is required.
- Experience with supporting the development of work plans, targets and time schedules and monitoring and reporting against the same is desirable.
- Experience in administering budgetary funds and lines in an ERP platform is desirable.
- 1 year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 07 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.