UNOPS Construction Engineering Technician Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
UNOPS Zimbabwe looking for “Construction Engineering Technician”.
Applicants with a Completion of Secondary education may apply on or before November 30, 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on November 18, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Construction Engineering Technician to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
- Assist the Associate Engineer on the technical supervision of construction works implementation to ensure construction works are completed on time, within budget, as per the contractual provisions and the design specifications and top quality standards.
- Assist the Associate Civil Engineer in the preparation of project/contracts related documentation such as periodic progress reports, site monitoring reports, stakeholder meeting minutes, engineer’s instructions and variation orders, contractor’s bills review reports, certifications, client hand-over documents and contracts close-out reports.
- When required, support on the preparation of the pre-solicitation documents for tendering of the infrastructure projects such as the scope of works, technical specifications, bill of quantities and drawings
Knowledge Sharing and Management:
- Contribute to the project evaluation process; highlight challenges associated with the project and feedback into a continuous improvement cycle.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for development planning and knowledge building.
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice, actively interact with other Engineers and the Engineering community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of progress and conditions on site through daily site records prepared and submitted by the engineering team.
- Produce any appropriate documentation identified by the DNP Project Manager and Associate Civil Engineer in a professional and accurate manner.
Position in Organization:
- Job categories: Engineering
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5329/27027
- Department/office: AFR, KEMCO, Zimbabwe
- Duty station: Chipinge/Chimanimani, Zimbabwe
- Contract type: Local ICA Support
- Contract level: LICA-4
- Duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
- Application period: 17-Nov-2023 to 30-Nov-2023
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Construction Contract Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Project Management from an accredited university will be an added advantage and will be accepted in lieu of the respective years of experience.
- Professional Membership in a relevant Association will be an asset.
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certification – Preferred.
- A minimum of four years of relevant working experience of support services in Engineering and/or Construction Management, is required.
- Experience working in project teams and multi-project environment is required.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN Language is an asset.
How to Apply UNOPS Construction Engineering Technician Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=27027#1
The Closing Date: November 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Abt Associates IT Specialist Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Logistics and Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Programme Review Consultant Jobs 2023
- FAO National AMR Coordinator Jobs 2023
- UNOPS Administration Associate Jobs 2023
- IOM Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
- UNESCO Senior Project Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO Natural Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Land and Water Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Gender Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Social Policy Specialist Jobs 2023