UNOPS Lead Structural Engineer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Lead Structural Engineer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 12th Sept 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 31st Aug 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Lead Structural Engineer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Senior Programme Manager, The Lead Structural Engineer will perform duties including, but not limited to:
- To liaise with other designers, including architects during the preparation of safe designs that fit with the standard concepts of construction;
- To plan, design and develop building structures and facilities, including relevant structural calculations, models, charts and graphs;
- To prepare construction drawings and design specifications including use of computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes;
- To analyze configurations of the basic structural components of buildings and civil structures;
- To calculate the loads, pressures, stresses and strains for each component considering the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick used for structural designs;
- To monitor and inspect off-site and on-site work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Ethiopians Standards;
- To provide a high level of technical sufficiency within UNOPS ETMCO, including the identification and promotion of innovative and practical design solutions;
- To assume technical responsibility for the preparation of technical assessments, quality plans, scheme programmes and design work, estimates, bills of quantities and review of bid documentation & assessments;
- To promote the development of UNOPS design and production standards when working with technical teams of the relevant Ministries and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required;
- To assess the requirements of new/potential projects, breaking them into tasks and working with the Proposal Owner to determine scope of work, budget and staffing including writing scope of work for design based on preliminary review and meetings with the potential partners and/or donors;
- To provide required technical advice, input and documentation for internal, organizational, partner and stakeholder reports;
- To review and update technical standards, office procedures, construction techniques, and use of materials to ensure that specifications and schemes prepared by UNOPS ETMCO reflect best practices with continuous improvement including training to UNOPS engineers;
- To assist the Project Manager in the planning, organization and monitoring of site investigations, surveys and analyses of existing buildings, feasibility studies, structural inspections and assessments, and preparation of assessment for associated reports;
- To examine structures at risk of collapse and advise on how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- To oversee third parties undertaking investigations for UNOPS ETMCO and work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil sample and in-site tests;
- To support in the implementation of Health, Safety, Social and Environmental measures at the project sites;
- To perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Senior Programme Manager or Head of Infrastructure.
Position in Organization:
- Lead Structural Engineer (Retainer)
- Job categories: Engineering
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5333/26633
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, Ethiopia MCO
- Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
- Contract level: LICA Specialist-10
- Duration: One (1) year with possibility for extension.
- Application period: 30-Aug-2023 to 12-Sep-2023
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) is required, preferably in Civil, Structural or Infrastructural Engineering.
- Minimum Two Years Working Experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience working using AutoCAD software is required.
How to Apply UNOPS Lead Structural Engineer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=26633
The Closing Date: 12th Sept 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.