UNOPS Lead Water Engineer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Lead Water Engineer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 13th Sept 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st Sept 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Lead Water Engineer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Manager the Lead Water Engineer (Sanitation) will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct a detailed assessment on project needs with regard to water supply and sanitation aspects.
- Conduct Rapid Infrastructure Assessment (RIA) to identify F&E status with regard to water supply, sanitation and fire-fighting systems in the project areas. Conduct associated desk reviews, field surveys, and prepare necessary reports.
- Prepare designs for water supply systems including plumbing, fixtures, installing wells, tube wells and rainwater recharge wells.
- Prepare designs for a community/semi-urban water supply system that may include hydraulic analysis for water sourcing such as aquifer analysis, boreholes and spring capping, design of transmission and distribution mains piping systems, water reservoir, pumping systems and water points to communities.
- Prepare designs for sanitary systems including waste water plumbing, sewer lines, toilet fixtures, septic tanks, soak pits, reed basins, and runoff drains.
- Prepare designs for fire-fighting systems including plumbing, pumps, connections to power backups, location of alarms and hand-held fire extinguishers. Prepare drawings of the designed systems.
- Collaborate with design engineers of other disciplines to identify appropriate design options that combine risk resilience features with water supply, sanitation and fire-fighting systems.
- Develop technical specifications for the pipes, appliances and fixtures planned to be used.
- Based on approved local rates and market surveys, prepare engineering estimates for the designed systems.
- Assist in the procurement of the water supply, sanitation and fire-fighting systems.
- Support the quantity survey and field progress measurement, and prepare reports as required.
- Conduct field monitoring visits as required, monitor project implementation against established milestones, analyze findings and recommend actions on priorities including technical options where need be.
- Quality control during the construction and Defects Notification Period for water supply, sanitation and fire-fighting systems.
- Provide technical inputs and guidance to implementing partners and other stakeholders for the sustainable rehabilitation of water and wastewater schemes, drilling and equipping of new boreholes and sanitation facilities.
- Develop and implement a data/information management system for maintaining of the Project scheme plans, operational data, client information etc. within a standard suitable to the project context.
- Provide technical advice and design support on the operations, maintenance and assets replacements of the targeted water and wastewater systems.
- Actively engage with the UNOPS Infra team to identify key issues and to develop solutions to ensure long term sustainability of the project outcome.
- Prepare baseline data reports, key performance indicator monitoring reports, project highlight reports and progress monitoring reports, as required.
- Support UNOPS Infra Team in preparing quality status and progress reports including risk assessment updates, donor reports, briefing documents etc. as and when necessary.
Position in Organization:
- Lead Water Engineer -Sanitation (Retainer)
- Job categories: Engineering, Water Management
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5333/26636
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, Ethiopia MCO
- Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
- Contract level: LICA Specialist-10
- Duration: One (1) year with possibility for extension.
- Application period: 31-Aug-2023 to 13-Sep-2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University (Master’s) Degree in Water and Sanitation Engineering, Civil Engineering or other relevant field is required.
- Minimum Five Years Working Experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following fields would be a significant asset: design of water supply network, monitoring system design, implementation of field programme for water network groundwater / aquifer modeling software, and capacity building, and experience in developing and presenting training materials.
- Experience in drawing water and wastewater networks with CAD software is desirable.
How to Apply UNOPS Lead Water Engineer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=26636#2
The Closing Date: 13th Sept 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.