UNOPS Program Management Support Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Program Management Support Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 28th Aug 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 14th Aug 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Program Management Support Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
- Contributes and supports the development and implementation of the MCO business strategy
- Conducts research on donor aid flows worldwide, UN and other agencies, trends in aid, potential future markets for growth, creating criteria for selecting target markets and partners, comparison of donor types, and market with special emphasis totheMCO core business.
- Explore potential for new programs and develop proposals for submission to partners.
- Synthesizes and summarizes information relevant to business development and prepare relevant reports, briefing notes/talking points/presentations and other materials for internal and external use
- Advocates UNOPS as a partner and service provider of choice
- Supports development of strategic partnerships with key counterparts and business opportunities
- Maintain and develop contacts and partnerships within the donor community (UN agencies, host government, donor governments, donor organizations, etc.), monitor communications and follow-up activities;
- Support the MCO Leadership team on the implementation and monitoring progress/ reporting of corporate and strategic initiatives
- Identifies requirements related to marketing materials and the distribution thereof, as well as any reports/publications required for existing and potential clients and partners
- Communicates with the relevant UNOPS personnel on matters pertaining to their respective responsibilities in relation to program and business development
- Develops UNOPS capacity statements for the various services provided by UNOPS
- Supports the MCO operations and contributes to knowledge sharing, enhancing the harmonization of projects while facilitating synergies with team members.
- Prepares project documents, legal agreements, budgets and support engagement clearance.
- Assists in the preparation of meetings and events, draft talking points, and meeting minutes
- Supports MCO leadership team in project compliance and quality assurance, by providing up-to-date analysis of project progress, by keeping track of performance vs portfolio Key Performance Indicators – KPIs.
- Collaborates with business area teams to understand project requirements, shape the initial project request, and provide a high-level estimate of the project effort and costs.
Position in Organization:
- Program Management Support Officer
- Job categories: Project Management, Partnerships, Programme Management
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5333/26528
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, Ethiopia MCO
- Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
- Contract level: LICA Specialist-8
- Duration: Ongoing Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
- Application period: 12-Aug-2023 to 28-Aug-2023
Qualification & Experience:
- A first University degree (Bachelor’s) in Business/Commerce, Marketing, Economics, Management, International Affairs, Political science, Development Studies, or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in donor relations and/or business development functions is required.
- Experience in partnership development and commercial and legal agreements is an asset.
- Experience in international development is an asset.
How to Apply UNOPS Program Management Support Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=26528#2
The Closing Date: 28th Aug 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.