UNOPS Regional Security Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNOPS Kenya looking for “Regional Security Advisor”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 25 April 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 12 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Security Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Regional Security Advisor (RSA) reports to both the Regional Director (RD) and the Chief of Security (CoS), and supports them in their security related responsibilities. Within delegated authority, the RSA will be responsible for the following results in the regional area of responsibility:
- Prepare the security strategy and plan, including all aspects related to elaboration, development, adaptation, implementation and updating.
- Advice to RD / CoS on security needs in the region, such as human resources and/or budgetary, elaborating the necessary proposals.
- Perform security risk assessments, both routine and ad-hoc, based on established UNSMS standards to ensure optimal security measures are in place for UNOPS personnel, assets and operations.
- Prepare an annual region-wide work plan including a budget for all aspects of security to ensure full compliance with UN security management policies, procedures and guidelines, including Security Plan, Fire Safety, implementation of mandatory security risk management measures (SRMM), and residential security measures (RSM).
- Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent); or
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience; or
- Military or Police senior Command and Staff College qualification at a senior level with a minimum of 13 years of relevant experience is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, defined as experience in international security management or similar positions (required).
- Demonstrated experience at the professional level working with the UN security management system, governments, security forces or international corporate firms (required).
- Demonstrated experience coordinating security arrangements with military, police and other security forces (preferred).
- Operational experience in conflict or post conflict environments, or complex security settings (required).
- Demonstrated experience in producing Standard Operational Procedures/Security Risk Assessments/Security Plans in accordance with UNDSS methodology (preferred).
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Google Suite (preferred).
- Operational knowledge and experience of the region of responsibility (preferred).
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOPS Regional Security Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 25 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs