Water Mission Engineering Intern Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Water Mission Uganda looking for “Engineering Intern“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 22, 2023.
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries.
The Water Mission has published a job vacancy announcement on September 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Engineering Intern to be based in Jinja, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||September 22, 2023|
Water Mission Job Vacancy 2023
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform topographic surveys and site assessments as needed under the direction of the Lead Engineer.
- Maintain regular contact with supervisor and team members through timely reporting.
- Perform engineering tasks including water hydraulic design calculations, and development of plans and design reports.
- Conduct engineering field work and design according to the established engineering principles and standards to a high degree of excellence and dependable accuracy.
- Perform water quality testing and fill all required standard forms and other aspects as may be required.
- Take part in field inspections and generate punch lists.
- Support and provide technical assistance to technicians and contractors in the field.
- Actively take part in inception meetings and mobilization of the community for project kick-off.
- Take part in the monthly project follow-ups and complete the engineering sections of the follow up reports.
- Performing any other assigned duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Engineering Intern
- Location: Jinja, Uganda
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; Civil or Environmental discipline preferred.
- Should have recently graduated or completed University not earlier than 2022 from a reputable Institution.
- Should be willing to reside in Jinja for the contract period.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in office computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback constructively.
- Self-starter who problem solves and knows when and how to ask for assistance and counsel.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good photography and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to make field travels to remote locations within Uganda.
- Legal authorization to work in Uganda.
Relationship and Alignment:
- A personal growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Commitment to ending the global water crisis.
How to Apply Water Mission Engineering Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://watermission.bamboohr.com/careers/274
The Closing Date: September 22, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobhs
- IDRC Costing Officer Jobs 2023
- FAWE Communications Officer Jobs 2023
- ADRA Community Support Officer Jobs 2023
- RSCE Finance Assistant Jobs 2023
- IGCP DevOps Engineer Jobs 2023
- IGCP Fuel and Grid Coordinator Jobs 2023
- IGCP Supply Chain Planner Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Professional Account Manager Jobs 2023