Welthungerhilfe Program Coordinator Nutrition Smart Community Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Welthungerhilfe Ethiopia looking for “Program Coordinator Nutrition Smart Community“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 23rd July 2023.
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e. V. – or Welthungerhilfe for short – is a German non-denominational and politically independent non-profit and non-governmental aid agency working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian assistance. Since its founding in 1962, it has used 4.2 billion euros to carry out more than 10.369 projects in 70 countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
The Welthungerhilfe has published a job vacancy announcement on 30th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Program Coordinator Nutrition Smart Community to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Welthungerhilfe Job Vacancy 2023
- Set up and coordinate Welthungerhilfe’s Nutrition Smart CommUNITY (NSC) Multi Country Project in Ethiopia, Malawi and Sierra Leone including program conceptualization, intervention design, implementation of activities at country levels, including partner and consultant contracts in coordination with the respective WHH country offices and national project managers.
- Lead, participate in, and oversee the preparation of work plans, budgets, and other relevant project documents, including assistance in ensuring successful program completion as well as compliance with WHH’s quality standards, and donor compliance regulations (BMZ)
- Ensure quality control through an effective monitoring system in cooperation with the Nutrition Smart CommUNITY MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Team at Head Office, and with MEAL structures at Country Office and partner organization level
- Ensure a high level of technical quality of the overall operation in all countries through coordination with WHH country offices and partner technical experts, regional technical advisors, headquarters technical advisors, and other NSC technical experts
- Oversee and manage learning and exchange between the project countries Ethiopia, Malawi and Sierra Leone and external support services, and support/promote the development, growth and use of a knowledge sharing platform in close collaboration with the Knowledge and Learning Manager of the NSC project
- Review and approve newsletters, brief reports, and other project-related publications, as well as reports to donors
- Conduct periodic monitoring and support visits to the project sites
- Coordinate the development of strategic partnerships in countries with relevant actors to strengthen the project efficiency and quality.
Position in Organization:
- Program Coordinator Nutrition Smart CommUNITY
- Requisition ID: 11209
- Posted: 06/29/2023
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Full Time
- Deadline: 23rd July 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- A university or college degree in a relevant field such as nutrition, gender studies, agriculture, NRM, WASH, general development studies or social studies
- At least 5 years of professional experience in multi-country/multi-partner project coordination in African countries
- Experience in coordinating or managing teams with staff in various positions across different organizations, countries, cultures, and time zones involving remote work as the primary work mode
- Experience in supporting large scale, complex nutrition and SMART surveys and MIYCF assessments
- Experience in working with multiple partners and stakeholders, including local government structures
- BMZ donor experience would be an advantage
How to Apply Welthungerhilfe Program Coordinator Nutrition Smart Community Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 23rd July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.