WFP Assistant Storekeeper Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WFP Ethiopia looking for “Assistant Storekeeper“. Applicants with a Secondary School Education may apply on or before October 02, 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on September 19, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Storekeeper to be based in Gambela, Ethiopia.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
- Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
- Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
Position in Organization:
- JOB TITLE: Assistant Storekeeper
- CONTRACT TYPE: G3
- UNIT/DIVISON: Supply Chain
- DUTY STATION: Gambela
- DURATION: 12 months
- Number of Post: 3
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Education: Completion of secondary school education or a technical collage diploma in logistics, supply chain management or related.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supply chain or warehouse and inventory management.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written English.
How to Apply WFP Assistant Storekeeper Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: October 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.