WFP Database Management Consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WFP Ethiopia looking for “Database Management Consultant“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 14th Sept 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st Sept 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Database Management Consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Database Management Consultant|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||14th Sept 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Accountabilities: The intended assignment of the consultant is expected have six main activities:
- Ensure that all specifications and performance of the system are up to the standard.
- Ensure the handover of the system to ESS is flawless.
- Ensure all system documents, source code, user manuals, and training materials developed by the developers are complete and up to the standard.
- Examine the database structure and schema of the eMIS system and current databases in ESS.
- Ensure integrity of the database in the institution in consultation with thematic area experts of ESS.
- Develop a schema of the proposed relational database for ESS.
- Run test of the developed relational database (with some records) to check the functionality and fix all types of bugs.
- Develop full report/documentation of the relational database with clearly identified Primary key for integration.
- Devise/Review the authorization and access control system of the developed database (e-MIS) and enforce security for all the databases in ESS.
- Administer and monitor all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, and procedures.
- Create and maintain all databases required for analysis with automatic versioning manner to avoid loss of data and document the procedures.
- Maintain and update production documentation that accurately reflects any changes.
- Perform troubleshoot on database and applications, identify issues and document procedures to trouble shoot any issue in timely resolution of the same.
- Test performance of the database queries and implement performance optimization as needed to run large queries.
- Define, Plan and implement backup/ recovery strategies for the database.
Position in Organization:
- Database Management Consultant
- Requisition ID: 829237
- Posted: 31/08/2023
- Short Term-SSA WFP – Africa,
- Central & Eastern
- Location: Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
- Deadline: 14th Sept 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters in relevant field (Computer science, Information technology, MIS and related fields). Certification in the below areas will have an added value. Certification in data center management and professional (CDCMP), Any type of Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), MySQL administrator profession.
- Minimum Three to Five Years Working Experience.
How to Apply WFP Database Management Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 14th Sept 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.