WFP Logistics Associate Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WFP Uganda looking for “Logistics Associate“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 26, 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on May 12, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Logistics Associate to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Preparation and overall processing of Request for Quotations (RFQ) for all contracts required for the implementation of WFP Logistics operations in Uganda and the same disseminated as per WFP approved systems.
- Ensure organization of all required meetings related to the contracting process.
- Prepare and disseminate of information regarding contract status and any other required information including but not limited to Local Contracting Committee (LCC) minutes, Expression of Interest (EOI), Contract Awards and Note for Record (NFR) documents
- Evaluate documentation received from companies aspiring to be included in WFP shortlist and present findings to the Logistics Officer.
- Evaluate offers received for various RFQ’s and present findings to the Logistics Officer.
- Draft or assist in drafting any other correspondence from the Contracting Unit of an official nature or for internal purposes.
- Monitor contract validity dates and other relevant information regarding each contract.
- Ensure advertisement, receipt of documentation and short-listing of prospective service providers where applicable.
- Contribute to the performance evaluation process.
- Develop contract management tools, templates, methods and processes for contracts. Maintain database of information related to the contracts and perform trend analysis of historical data related to contracts and transport data.
- Transform and modernize contracting processes by making use of new technologies through increased automation.
- Gather market intelligence; keep abreast of developments in the market as well as any regulations affecting the sector, as applicable.
- Produce organized, accurate and well documented records with well analyzed data and address unforeseen situations while seeking advice and guidance from supervisor, as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID 827126
- Posted 12/05/2023 – Short Term-SC WFP – Africa,
- Central & Eastern – Uganda – Kampala – Working Job Language (1) – SUPPLY CHAIN
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or related degree
- A minimum of five years’ practical working experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors: port operations, shipping, clearing, and forwarding, air operations, large scale road/rail transport and distribution management.
- Ability to review a variety of complex data, adjust discrepancies and resolve operational problems with substantial independence.
- Ability to obtain/give information of non-routine in nature involving interpretation of facts requiring clarity of expression.
- High sense of initiative and judgment with an ability to work quickly and accurately under minimum supervision and time constraints/pressure.
How to Apply WFP Logistics Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=827126
The Closing Date: May 26, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Water For People Driver Jobs 2023
- Water For People Project Officer Jobs 2023
- Water For People Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs 2023
- Water For People Grant Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Water For People Grant Accountant Jobs 2023
- ZOA International Logistics Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Mercy Corps Country Operations Manager Jobs 2023
- Chemonics Chief Executive Officer Jobs 2023
- IDI Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Jobs 2023