WFP Logistics Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. WFP South Sudan looking for “Logistics Officer“. Applicants with a Master degree may apply on or before 19th March 2023.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 06th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Logistics Officer to be based in Bentiu, South Sudan.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Manage and coordinate the scale up of the sustainable cooking initiative – water hyacinth charcoal, energy-efficient stoves and heat-retention baskets, among others – in Bentiu, South Sudan by following up and focusing the main steps and key actors to promote a more market-driven approach.
- Gather baseline data, as well as data on progress and impact, regarding communities on GBV, time spent collecting wood, acceptability of new product, etc.
- Engage with key stakeholders, including an analysis of the costs/profits, and gauge adoption, acceptability and any issues that may need to be addressed.
- Develop and roll out community engagement plan, including plan for trainings and dissemination of project knowledge across the country during scale up phase.
- Support in developing and implementing key processes and requirements that the commodity undergoes (or must undergo) before it reaches the end buyer.
- Foster partnerships with stakeholders that are interested in investing, knowledge sharing and promoting the new technology in markets, including developing partnerships with civil society, public and private sectors, and transporters.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of project activities as well as capacity strengthening of all stakeholders.
- Research and look into the feasibility of other related innovations as necessary, such as boats, training centers, other products out of the water hyacinth, and the like.
- Master degree required in social sciences (preferably conflict resolution and sociology)
- Experience in partnerships, community engagement, and program implementation
- Experience in creating successful businesses and in creating new value chain
- Experience in fostering partnerships, community engagement.
- Experience leading and training a team.
- Experience in reporting and project management.
- Willingness to follow and update knowledge of new developments in the field.
- Driven with desire to take initiative to solve problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
- Ability to engage with government, partners and local communities.
- Fluency in English (level C)
- Requisition ID: 563944
- Type of Contract: Consultant (CST II)
- Duration: 11 months
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Logistics Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career………
The Closing Date: 19th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.