WFP Procurement Associate Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. WFP South Africa looking for “Procurement Associate“. Applicants with a Secondary school education may apply on or before 16th June 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 02nd June 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Associate to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a Procurement Officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
- Research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision- making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Experience: Six years’ experience and demonstrated familiarity with locally purchased commodities.
- Language: General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written English is required and fluency in other UN language is advantageous.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Benefits: Social Security & Medical Insurance
- Salary: R31,895 – R 37,565
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Procurement Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career………
The Closing Date: 16th June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- ActionAid Global Child Safeguarding Advisor Jobs 2023
- World Bank Senior Portfolio Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNFPA MEL Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
- IOM ICT – Intern Jobs 2023
- IOM Communications – Intern Jobs 2023
- IOM Programme Support – Intern Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Senior Protection Assistant Jobs 2023
- Human Rights Watch Associate Jobs 2023