WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. WFP South Africa looking for “Programme Policy Officer“. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 15th October 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 02nd October 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Policy Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Advisor O&E, the Programme Officer will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide administrative support in setting up team meetings, producing meeting and donor reports, and engagements with all staff, consultants and vendors.
- Familiarise with the O&E budget and ensure the payment of Consultants, Collaborators and Researchers on a timely basis, subject to all administrative and organisational approvals.
- Compile a record and database of O&E partners and stakeholders and ensure ARC management and partners are provided quarterly and routine progress updates.
- Lead the engagement in communications and media (including social media) to inform on actions/events of interest to the O&E pilot, including updating the O&E web page and project documents.
- Support resource mobilisation activities and ensure donor proposals and reports are produced on time.
- Track O&E implementation and prepare quarterly programme implementation updates for presentation to Management.
- Work with WFP protocol and administration to address all O&E staff and consultants’ documentation, UNLP, IDs and protocol requirements.
- Liaise with ARC Travel and HR to facilitate and support the team’s HR and travel requirements.
- Carry out other tasks as may be needed by the O&E unit.
- University degree in Public Health, Social Science, Environmental Science, Laboratory Science, Anthropology, sociology or other related disciplines.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of three years professional working experience related to disease outbreaks, epidemics & control with knowledge of public health, administration, finance, health promotion and information management.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a supportive role to achieve team goals
- Excellent research, analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of global and international health issues
- Strong computer skills including good knowledge of excel and access
- Good communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required. Knowledge of French, Arabic, Portuguese is an added advantage.
- Requisition ID: 829681
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: R 48136 to R 68782
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career………
The Closing Date: 15th October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.