WFP Risk Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Risk Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 15 September 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 September 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Risk Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: Provide support in the establishment and enhancement of risk management activities; contribute to the application of controls and compliance with policies and procedures and to the overall effectiveness of operations and optimization of WFP resources.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Contribute to embedding risk management in planning and decision-making across the office and all aspects of WFP operations through monitoring of key risk appetite metrics and risk indicators, and regular updating of risk registers, including progress towards implementing the risk mitigation actions.
- Support the collection of feedback and data on risk performance and contribute potential new implementation approaches.
- Support relevant managers in their regular and ad hoc risk assessments in regional, country and field offices to: identify and evaluate risks; contribute to the development and design of mitigation actions; assess effectiveness of the internal controls; and prepare risk information for management to share with external stakeholders.
- Support the discussion with functional experts and risk management focal points on: identifying trends and emerging issues; contributing to the preparation of guidance and/or checklists in conformity with WFP policies and rules on periodic risk and/or control assessments;
- Advanced University degree in the fields of risk management, law, audit, business/public administration, international development, or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses in audit, performance and risk management or other related fields.
- Knowledge of governance, organizational structures, strategy and major initiatives of international organizations.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Risk Management, compliance, audit, programme/project management or related fields
- Has conducted monitoring and reporting activities, has knowledge of results hierarchy, performance metrics and measurement.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Risk Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15 September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.