WHO Information System Analyst Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. WHO Nigeria looking for “Information System Analyst”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 15 March 2023.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Information System Analyst to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
The incumbent is expected to support the digitization of health campaigns data initiative across various disease areas.
Under the overall guidance of the WHO country office representative and over all supervision of SHI Cluster Lead, the Web-based Data Developer will carry out the following specific tasks:
- Support and oversee the process of integrated digitization of campaign data, from design stage to its deployment.
- Provide technical assistance on developing, optimizing, and overseeing the campaign digitization conceptual and logical data systems.
- Support integration and digitization of data to reduce fragmentation, inefficiencies and foster strong accountability measures during implementation of health campaigns.
- Contribute to strengthening health systems in countries through mainstreaming proven innovative digital technologies for routine services.
- Review and propose collaboration across different programme areas and clusters to scan the horizon to adopt emerging technologies and innovations to improve service delivery.
- Attend the Campaign digitization working group meeting and prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly report on the progress, challenge, and proposed solutions of the project.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, database administration or relevant database related field with additional data management training.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with previous web-based database development.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and other databases.
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture, and data security.
- Knowledge of best practices in database management.
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Information System Analyst Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.