WHO Medical Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
WHO Zimbabwe looking for “Medical Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in University may apply on or before December 03, 2023.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on November 20, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Medical Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Description Of Duties
The incumbent will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Develop and update norms and standards related to HPV vaccines, while facilitating information-sharing, education, and communication, toward a good understanding of their benefits and acceptance by communities, health workers and families;
- Provide expertise and develop/revise guidelines for HPV Vaccination programmes and proactively facilitate their implementation to enable best M&E practices; Develop and implement capacity building for the identification of adverse events following immunization to align with global vaccine safety monitoring strategies;
- Support countries decision making by providing support to assess vaccine impact in close collaboration with other VPD technical areas (Surveillance and vaccine effectiveness, National immunization advisory mechanism, …);
- Coordinate the provision of guidance and technical support to countries in: Determining and setting policies for the introduction of HPV vaccines and related technologies, including strengthening country capacity to assess the burden of HPV related cancers including cervical cancer; Developing and implementing harmonized protocols to facilitate policy decisions and organize regional training on new vaccine introduction; Supporting WCO in the submission of applications to GAVI to receive financial support (for GAVI eligible countries)Support planning, vaccine forecast, country readiness, assessment on logistics, training of immunization staff at all levels,
- Support advocacy, communication, development of key messages for social mobilization, launching of the vaccines and evaluation of the introductions;
- Development of partnerships with maternal, child and adolescent health departments (within WHO and other organizations) to tackle HPV diseases related especially cervical cancer; and in providing support to ESA countries for the integration of adolescent health interventions with HPV vaccination which target 9-14 year old girls within the broader landscape of cervical cancer elimination;
- Support the development of related work-plans and budgetary proposals as required within the framework of WHO staff Rules and Regulations; financial rules and AFRO accepted procedures;
- Provide leadership and manage the staff under his/her responsibility; ensure their performance, continuous development and engagement, promoting a culture of working across boundaries, and integrity in accordance with the Organization’s policies, rules, procedures, and values;
- Support post-vaccine introduction evaluations (PIE) activities 6-12 months after the national launch in a country;
- Regularly tracking and reporting on progress on HPV vaccine introduction and vaccine coverage;
- Contribute to resource mobilization for the Cluster’s programmes, in collaboration with EPG, ORD and WCOs;
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.
Position in Organization:
- Grade: P4
- Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 24 Months
- Job Posting: Nov 18, 2023, 6:19:38 PM
- Closing Date: Dec 3, 2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Organization: AF/UCN UHC/Communicable and Noncommunicable Diseases
- Schedule: Full-time
- University Degree in a Health Sciences Field with post-graduate degree/training in public health, epidemiology or infectious or communicable diseases.
- Post-graduate training in Public Health preferably in epidemiology, vaccinology, immunology, other related public health fields.
- A minimum of 7 years of practical national and international experience in new vaccines introduction, vaccine logistics management, and related activities. Experience in working and collaboration with wide range of stakeholders. Experience in project management, analysis and development of capacity building tools and databases for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Diverse work experience incorporating private sector, NGOs, other UN, or governmental Health related agencies will be an advantage. Experience with HPV vaccine introduction is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the introduction of new vaccines as well as HPV vaccination and broader cervical cancer landscape;
- Proven ability to think independently and strategically, plan, coordinate and implement strategies, activities, and capacity building together with monitoring and reporting on results, progress, lessons learnt and obstacles;
- Proven skills in the surveillance of adverse events complemented by track record in the development and implementation of norms and standards and effective reporting mechanisms and systems, and M&E;
- Demonstrated ability to strengthen partnerships and resource mobilization;
- Demonstrated knowledge on principles, practices, methods and techniques of immunization programs.
- Proven writing and communications skills.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment.
How to Apply WHO Medical Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2309990
The Closing Date: December 03, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNOPS Construction Engineering Technician Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates IT Specialist Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Logistics and Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO National AMR Coordinator Jobs 2023
- UNOPS Administration Associate Jobs 2023
- IOM Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
- UNESCO Senior Project Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO Natural Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Land and Water Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Gender Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Social Policy Specialist Jobs 2023