World Bank ETC Economist Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. World Bank Nigeria looking for “ETC Economist”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of ETC Economist to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
World Bank Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Accountabilities:
We are looking for an energetic and result-driven individual with a passion for women’s empowerment to join our team to support our policy engagement with government and non-government actors in the space of WEE in Nigeria, as well as support the knowledge production work through impact evaluations and other analytical work. The Extended Term Consultant will work under the supervision of Africa Gender Innovation Lab Senior Economist and head of the Nigeria GIL, Julia Vaillant. Key responsibilities will include:
- Organize capacity building workshops and policy engagement meetings with government partners and other stakeholders.
- Interact directly with mid-level policymakers to share the relevant evidence.
- Support the development and review of action plans with stakeholders and partners.
- Support engagements with partners and potential teams on scoping of new impact evaluation studies.
- Carry out such activities as the NiGIL team reasonably requests and delegates to facilitate project implementation and achievement of the goals of the NiGIL.
- Assist with production of knowledge dissemination communications products that are appropriately tailored to meet the needs of diverse groups of policymakers and key stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in relevant field (Economics, Development Studies, Public Policy).
- Five years + of relevant professional experience in applied research, gender, impact evaluations, and policy dialogue required;
- Experience drafting communications products (policy briefs, blogs, talking points etc.) based on research and creatively disseminating publications through social media outlets, presentations, and conferences. Solid writing and presentation skills.
- Experience managing partner and funder relationships. Ability to cultivate effective, productive relationships and partnerships.
- Experience working or studying in one or more Sub-Saharan African countries preferred; Interest and/or background in gender issues is a plus.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply World Bank ETC Economist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.