CHAI Country Director Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. CHAI South Africa looking for “Country Director“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 18th April 2023.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
As a representative of the Clinton Health Access Initiative in South Africa, the Country Director will:
- Define the overall country strategy, develop clear operational plans, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact
- Serve on and report to the CHAI-SA Board as directed by the Board
- Work alongside the National Department of Health (NDOH) to develop and implement CHAI’s engagement, in cooperation with the South African government
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the national and provincial level health system’s priorities and gaps, and ensure effective implementation and long-term sustainability of CHAI South Africa’s program areas (including, but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, Vaccines, Health Financing, Assistive Technology, Maternal Newborn Health, and COVID-19)
- Provide high-quality technical assistance to the government as needed
- Facilitate communication and coordination between government, partners, donors, and other key stakeholders
- Lead and support fundraising efforts, including new program development and relationship management with existing and potential donors
- Build cohesive, effective, and high-performing teams around new and existing programs
- Provide leadership, support and strategic direction to senior management and Program Managers in planning and executing programmatic initiatives
- Oversee the country program’s financial management, including development of program budgets, monthly cash flow and financial reporting, cash allocations and budget forecasting and planning
- Oversee internal and donor reporting.
- Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication and information flow with central operations teams
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- A minimum of 10 years’ work experience in a senior management role within a private or public sector enterprise; or a Masters or PhD degree plus a minimum of 8 years work experience in a senior management role within the health sector
- Demonstrated people management skills and verifiable experience in managing cross cultural teams in a high performing result driven environment.
- Experience being a mentor, manager, role model and team player who demonstrates high performance, and can lead similar performance from the entire team
- Experience conceiving, planning and executing programs or projects with verifiable results
- Comfortable in peer relationships with political leaders such as the Minister for Health, Senior National and Provincial health department staff, District Health staff, health sector leaders, as well as a broad array of civil servants
- Ability to navigate complex government processes with multiple influencers, as well as negotiate and achieve consensus
- Demonstrated ability to work with the organization’s leadership on strategic, operational, and organizational issues, as a strong yet collaborative team member
- Proficiency with working on highly complex problems without extensive structural, financial, or operational support
- Equally adept and comfortable from a broad strategic perspective and able to drill down to a very granular level of detail
- Strong analytical skills
- English language fluency, both written and verbal, required
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Business or Public Health)
- Knowledge of Health Systems is preferred, but not required
- Professional experience in South Africa is highly desired
- Knowledge of additional languages of South Africa
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply CHAI Country Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs………
The Closing Date: 18th April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNICEF Education Consultant Jobs 2023
- Human Rights Watch Africa Division Intern Jobs 2023
- IWMI Project Administrator Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Clinical Project Manager Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Finance Manager Jobs 2023
- IOM National Migration Health Policy Officer Jobs 2023
- British Council Customer Support Officer Jobs 2023