WRI Climate Adaptation Associate Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WRI Kenya looking for “Climate Adaptation Associate”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The World Resources Institute is a global research non-profit organization established in 1982 with funding from the MacArthur Foundation under the leadership of James Gustave Speth. WRI’s activities are focused on seven areas: food, forests, water, energy, cities, climate and ocean.
The WRI has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Climate Adaptation Associate to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WRI Job Vacancy 2023
What will you do:
- Manage RAMP program design and implementation in selected pilot countries in Africa, ensuring that desired outputs are delivered and that outcomes are achieved in accordance with the program/project plan
- Proactively identify and address opportunities and challenges to the program arising internally or externally, including by adjusting programmatic strategies and approaches, resolving issues, and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Manage at least one junior staff to help on RAMP country engagement
- Ensure effective coordination and information flows within team
- Provide input for the development of projects’ workplan, budget, and reporting together with the Grants & Finance Coordinator
- Coordinate activities with WRI Africa team to ensure alignment and effective partner management
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in economics, finance, international development or other relevant subject
- Minimum 7+ years of full-time work experience in relevant field, with program implementation and project management experience
- Experience working with climate adaptation and resilience issues, climate economics, climate finance generally, and climate risk management specifically
- Experience working with institutional challenges associated with mainstreaming climate capacities, planning, and finance in central government ministries such as Ministries of Finance and Planning
- Existing government network or network related to climate sector.
- Direct hands-on experience in project management (e.g., planning, implementation, budgeting)
- Ability to deftly manage projects with strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills and balance attention to detail with big-picture thinking
- Ability to manage professional relationships and to effectively communicate with people at all levels, from various backgrounds, and working across multiple time zones
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WRI Climate Adaptation Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.