UNHCR South Sudan looking for “Information Management Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 21st December 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Information Management Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Participate in the relevant data and information management team and activities.
- Contribute to the design and implement data strategies and systems.
- Assist the data team and others communicate the status, value, and importance of data.
- Support the collection, storage, management and protection of data in the region/country or at the global level.
- Support consolidation of data systems, including the interoperability of operational data and systems.
- Ensure consistency of data and results for country, global and regional analysis, including cross border analysis and response.
- Identify risks and opportunities based on insights derived from data.
- Support the coordination with HQ, external and internal partners on data and information management efforts and mechanisms, including OCHA, IOM, regional economic commissions and other institutions with statistical or data interests, UNICEF, and WFP.
- Lead or take part the relevant IM networks (internal and external) on refugee, IDP, stateless and related issues.
- Improve data quality in the region/county or globally through field support, capacity building, monitoring and feedback.
- Support data security, data protection and responsible data-sharing.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience/ Degree Level
For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Social Science; Statistics; Information Management;
Physical Science; Economics; Data Science;
Geography GIS; Engineering;
Demography Computer Science;
or other relevant field;
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNHCR Information Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US………
The Closing Date: 21st December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.