Action Against Hunger Food Security and Livelihoods Extension Workers Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Action Against Hunger Uganda looking for “Food Security and Livelihoods Extension Workers“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 05, 2023.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization which originated in France and is committed to ending world hunger. The organization helps malnourished children and provides communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
The Action Against Hunger has published a job vacancy announcement on April 22, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Food Security and Livelihoods Extension Workers to be based in Moroto, Uganda.
Action Against Hunger Job Vacancy 2023
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Programme Implementation (70%)
- Implementation of food security and livelihood activities within the scope of the project.
- Community mobilization, targeting and monitoring movement and distribution of food security and livelihood inputs to the target groups
- In consultation with the Food Security and Livelihood Officer and other staff organize and draw work plans
- Where possible in liaison with FSL Officer link extension services to other existing institutions and organizations such as those responsible for providing credit, technology packages, marketing facilities.
- Work with the refugees and host communities to explore indigenous technical experiences and develop cropping calendars and business Plans.
- Facilitate adoption of livelihood and resilience innovations such as sustainable Optimized Land Use Model (OLUM), Block farming, VSLA methodology and Sustainable Income Generation alternatives.
- Support the FSL Officer conduct FSL related trainings to the target beneficiaries
Position in Organization:
- Job Category: Programs
- Duty Station: Moroto, Nakapiripirit & Nabilatuk, Ug
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary Scale: Not Specified
- Deadline: May 05, 2023 11:00 Pm
- Number Of Positions: 3
- Age Limit: Not Specified
- A minimum of a diploma in Agricultural Extension, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Livestock, Business development, forestry or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with agricultural development, business development, vocational skills training, and cash based interventions.
- Previous exposure and experience in for agriculture value chain and income generating activities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Previous work in a refugee setting is desirable.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Culturally sensitive
- Knowledge of the local language (N’gakaramojong) is a MUST
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability and willingness to ride a motor/bicycle, and possession of a valid riding permit is an added advantage.
How to Apply Action Against Hunger Food Security and Livelihoods Extension Workers Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://actionagainsthunger.qedhrm.com/careers/job?id=ODA2
The Closing Date: May 05, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Action Against Hunger Community Based Facilitators – Nutrition Jobs 2023
- Action Against Hunger Driver Jobs 2023
- Action Against Hunger Office Assistants Jobs 2023
- CWS Staff Trainer Jobs 2023
- DRC Head of Programme Jobs 2023
- Plan International Regional Adolescent Girls in Crisis Technical Advisor Jobs 2023
- ChildFund International Senior Technical Advisor Jobs 2023